Sunday, January 25, 2009

Try something new and you just might like it

I will start by telling a bit about myself. I am a SAHM of two girls ages 3 and 13. I became a SAHM when I had my 3 year old so it has been quite an adjustment.

Before I married my husband, I was a single mom, working fulltime and never had time to cook. When I married my husband and moved to Arizona almost 6 years ago, I really started to make dinner time a family time. My daughter was 8 years old and we were all adjusting to a new life with each other in a new place without any family or friends.

I made it a rule that we eat dinner together every night. Something my daughter and I did back home but usually out somewhere and not in our own house. I was a newlywed so wanted to find meals that all 3 oof us would enjoy eating and make sure they were healthy and easy to make.

Cooking Light Magazine became a staple in my house. I started to make new recipes all of which turned out fantastic and most all 3 of us loved. I was trying a couple of new recipes every week and after awhile, we were eating a bunch of them on a regular basis. I still try new recipes from the magazine as much as possible and I really have learned to love cooking. I am not a person who can create a recipe on my own but really need a recipe to follow and I can be a bit of a perfectionist, especially when it comes to the meals I make.

I am also an avid scrapbooker so it is only natural for me to take pictures of my food.....I take pictures of the things I cook and I take pictures of some of the food I eat at restaurants, especially if it really looks beautiful! So I will post pictures here as well as my favorite recipes.

I hope to use this blog to share MY personal favorite recipes from Cooking Light Magazine and tell the world that they should pick up the magazine, try a bunch of recipes and soon you'll be eating healthy and loving it! I will also post great recipes that I make and love from other sources that I make into a healthy version by changing it up just a bit just by changing to low-fat items, etc.

So please be nice and bare with me as I dip my toe into the world of blogging.

I am in no way affilated with Cooking Light Magazine, I just LOVE them!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment