This is my very first time participating in Mama Kat's Writers Workshop.
1) What will you be doing now that the kids are back in school?
First off, let me tell you that I have a 14 year old girl and a 4 year old girl.
My oldest just started her Freshman year of high school THIS WEEK! My 4 year old will get her very first taste of authority outside of her home at the end of August when she starts preschool for the first time.
As for me, I have been thinking of this moment of new freedom for approx. 4 years. Now it is upon me, I am excited and nervous at the same time. Preschool is only 3 hours a day 4 days a week.
THINGS I WANT TO DO:
1) go back to the gym...I did a full six months of gym time last year and since last summer haven't been able to get back into my 'groove'. This will be especially nice that I won't have to stop whatever I am doing to go and wipe a certain 4 year olds butt.
2) sit at a Starbucks or another friendly neighborhood coffee shop, drink a cinnamon dulce latte and read something on my Kindle...WITHOUT HAVING TO STOP TO WIPE MY 4 YEAR OLD'S BUTT!
3) meet a friend for a coffee (yes, I'm addicted, I know) again without having to wipe any part of my 4 year old
4) get a massage or pedicure...oh how nice that would be right?
THINGS I WILL MOST LIKELY DO IN REALITY
1) go to the gym...get on an elliptical machine and think about my 4 year old and who will be wiping her butt since I am not at school with her...picturing her sitting there on the tiny preschool toilet calling for me to wipe her (I am hoping she saves going #2 for at home)
2) make my coffee at home, adding come vanilla caramel liquid coffee-mate, look through my cooking magazines/books and find new things to make for dinner
3) go grocery shopping (at least my 4 year old won't be there telling me that SHE can push the cart and run into all the grandmas there)
4) dream about a massage/pedicure on my way to pick up the kids
I think I will still try to fit in a coffee with a friend whenever possible...spending too much time alone will not be good for me!
I have been in isolation for 4 years. We have no family here and only a few friends which makes isolation quite easy to do. Plus it is in triple digits here still and there's not much to do outdoors when it's that hot.
This will be a big change in my life and I really hope I learn to make the most of it for myself.
Recipe Makeover Week 2017
1 hour ago